Novelists and Go Fug Yourself editors Heather and Jessica are back to talk about the Sex & The City…update? reboot? whatever you call it, you can also call it And Just Like That. And you can ALSO call it “tone-deaf,” “cringey,” and “a clumsy character assassination,” as the legendary HBO sit-rom-com returns with a bunch of new characters, and one very notable absence. Is there anything to relate to here? Does the show, as it used to, still do a couple of things extremely well while being exhausting the rest of the time? And couldn’t they just have given Samantha COVID?
Later, Dan Cassino was NOT a crackpot for suggesting that many Netflix properties would benefit from a faster watch speed, and then we went Around The Dial with Love Life, Live In Front Of A Studio Audience, The Big Leap, The Monkees, and Call My Agent!.
Listener Laura hoped there wouldn’t be “Bad Blood” between her and the panel when she submitted yet another X-Files ep for the Canon. Yellowstone won, wasting the court’s time lost, and we contemplated the legendary hookups of the Big Apple in a non-regulation Game Time.
Grab a sad fascinator and have a listen to an all-new Extra Hot Great!
- Lead Topic 🌆 And Just Like That
- Around The Dial 💝 Love Life
- Around The Dial 😂 Live In Front Of A Studio Audience
- Around The Dial 🎭 The Big Leap
- Around The Dial 🐒 The Monkees
- Around The Dial ☎️ Call My Agent!
- I Am Not A Crackpot ⏩ Speed Watching TV
- The Canon 👽 The X-Files S05.E12: Bad Blood
- Winner & Loser 👍 1883
- Winner & Loser 👎 Jussie Smollett
- Game Time 🧠 The Sexinest City
- 💃 Go Fug Yourself
- 🐦 GFY on Twitter
- 📸 GFY on Instagram
- 📚 Heather and Jessica on Bookshop
- 💝 The For Colored Nerds podcast on S02 of Love Life
- 🎭 Vulture on The Big Leap
- 🐒 The Monkees S02.E22 ("the Paris episode")
- 👩🏽⚕️ Tara's Doogie Kamealoha, MD post at Decider
- ✍️ Tara's author page at Decider
- 🎶 Mark And Sarah Talk About Songs
- 📷 Photo: HBO Max