We’re hopping in the EHG time machine! Destination: late summer of 1988, and all the NBC ads during a broadcast — mercifully absent from the YouTube reel — of Police Academy 2. We’re talking about diet deli meat, cheapskate equestrians, Fruit & Fibre IP, imitation crab, overdirected jeans ads, terrible local-news production choices around an air disaster, and the cellular integration of Bugle Boy and Bartles & Jaymes ads. You Asked EHG about who plays us in the TV movie, toaster strat, deleting shows from history, and Buc-ee’s; and Dave decided whose dream TV project would win them a sticker. We named our Not Quite Winners (sharks; Gemstones) and Losers (ET; the Marvel show everyone hates), plugged your YT channels and encouraged big tips, and talked even more about Sam Robards — and another writers’ strike from 1988 — in an Extra Credit about TV 101, a teen show ahead of its time. Car wars, racist pantyhose, and Matt LeBlanc’s screen debut in an all-new Extra EXTRA Hot Great!
Get This Club Exclusive Episode
Listen to this episode of Extra Extra Hot Great and dozens of others by becoming a member at Patreon. EEHG episodes drop every Friday of the month. Perks include all episodes of EEHG, ad-free episodes of EHG, Discord chat access, occasional hard goods freebies and more!
- Lead Topic 🥥 August 1988 NBC Commercial Breaks
- Ask EHG 🙋🏼♀️ Casting Ourselves In EHG: The Miniseries
- Winner & Loser 👍 Paw Patrol
- Winner & Loser 👎 Entertainment Tonight
- Winner & Loser 👍 Shark Week
- Winner & Loser 👎 Italian broadcaster Rai
- Winner & Loser 👍 The Righteous Gemstones
- Winner & Loser 👎 Secret Invasion
- 15s Of Fame 🕒 Tip Your Server!
- Extra Credit 🏫 Sarah Forces Everyone To Watch The Pilot Of 1988's TV 101!