You are on an elevator with seven TV executives from seven different networks. You must pitch them each a nutshell idea for a TV show for their network.
- In order to protect the integrity of the timeline you must incorporate one of the following criteria into each pitch, using each criteria only once.
- The kid is really 48
- Casual bear
- The Moon is gone
- Promotional consideration by Magic Spoon cereal
- The title is “Dollar$” but needs a subtitle
- Phil Collins is there for some reason
- You’ve carefully picked your elevator so you know which network executives are in there and you must make sure your genre is a good match for the network.
- These executives are bad at math, so you cannot employ formula pitches such as; it is A but in space or it’s B meets C for the over-90 crowd. They do need a title for each one.
- The world ended in 2023 when there were too many TV shows to watch so every pitch must be a bad idea. If any of us genuinely thinks your pitch is sellable, humanity dies.
Get This Club Exclusive Episode
Listen to this episode of Extra Extra Hot Great and dozens of others by becoming a member at Patreon. EEHG episodes drop every Friday of the month. Perks include all episodes of EEHG, ad-free episodes of EHG, Discord chat access, occasional hard goods freebies and more!
- Lead Topic 🛗 Very Specific TV Pitches