You are on an elevator with seven TV executives from seven different networks. You must pitch them each a nutshell idea for a TV show for their network.
- In order to protect the integrity of the timeline you must incorporate one of the following criteria into each pitch, using each criteria only once.
- The kid is really 48
- Casual bear
- The Moon is gone
- Promotional consideration by Magic Spoon cereal
- The title is “Dollar$” but needs a subtitle
- Phil Collins is there for some reason
- You’ve carefully picked your elevator so you know which network executives are in there and you must make sure your genre is a good match for the network.
- These executives are bad at math, so you cannot employ formula pitches such as; it is A but in space or it’s B meets C for the over-90 crowd. They do need a title for each one.
- The world ended in 2023 when there were too many TV shows to watch so every pitch must be a bad idea. If any of us genuinely thinks your pitch is sellable, humanity dies.
Get This Member-Exclusive Episode
Listen to this episode of Extra Extra Hot Great and dozens of others by becoming a member at Patreon. EEHG episodes drop every Friday of the month. Perks include all episodes of EEHG, ad-free episodes of EHG, Discord chat access, occasional hard goods freebies and more!
- Lead Topic 🛗 Very Specific TV Pitches