Here’s hoping you rested your ears over Thanksgiving, because they’re getting battered by Season 2 of Amazon’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Sherman-Palladino superfan Nick Rheinwald-Jones is returning to discuss whether it killed or bombed. Around The Dial clicks through the Comedy Central sketch special Goatface, Magic For Humans, The Comedy Lineup, and a whole slate of food shows, including Top Chef, The Final Table, and The Great British Bake Off. For her Extra Credit question, Caroline asks us each to identify a show recommended by a trusted source that just didn’t take. Nick pitches Community‘s “App Development And Condiments” for induction into the Canon. Then we name the week’s Winner and Loser and close up with a Game Time that’s a bit pricey. You don’t need to pay a cover charge to hear our whole set!
- Lead Topic 🎤 The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Around The Dial 🐐 Goatface
- Around The Dial 🪄 Magic For Humans
- Around The Dial 🎤 The Comedy Lineup
- Around The Dial 🍽 The Final Table
- Around The Dial 🧑🍳 Top Chef
- Around The Dial 🥐 The Great British Bake Off
- Extra Credit 🤑 Recommended shows that didn't "take"
- The Canon 🏆 Community S05.E08: App Development And Condiments
- Winner & Loser 👍 RuPaul's Drag Race
- Winner & Loser 👎 Kevin Hart
- Game Time 🧠 The Price Is Correct